August 29 there was held a Skype conference of Barents Press Russia board. Met Journalists from Karelia, Arkhangelsk and Murmansk got together to discussed future plans and distributed the responsibility among the regional boards.
Investigative Journalism Support Foundation together with Glasnost Defence Foundation supported with the Journalistic Union of Karelia make up a group of participants for a training course within the program "Investigative Journalism and the blogosphere ".
NRK journalist and veteran in the Barents Press network Arne Store died Wednesday at age 69.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.