The Annual Barents Press International Conference in April Haparanda appeared unforgettable. According to many in attendance it was one of the best. We are very grateful to the hosts – Barents Press Sweden! What do the young participants think back about? Here’re some viewpoints from different countries.
How can media not lose readers, listeners and viewers and not lose their social role in society? Is journalism to die or to become a new "business niche"? These issues were discussed by journalists from Norway, Finland, Sweden and Russia at the annual conference of the journalistic network Barents Press International in late April in the Swedish city of Haparanda.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.