The Institute of regional press invites journalists of Murmansk region and Karelia to participate in the seminar in the framework of the international project "Journalism – investigation" (SCOOP - Russia).
Journalists from Murmansk and Archangelsk regions and Karelia will monitor the openness of the courts, the police and the investigative committee.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.