Cross-border statistics, data visualization and data journalism in the Barents Region 6-7 February 2014. Kirkenes, Norway
The Norwegian Barents Secretariat invites you to attend the Barents Border Dialogue Conference in Kirkenes on the 6-7 February 2014. The event will be devoted to practical and theoretical attention to the field of cross-border statistical cooperation, data visualization and data journalism in the Barents Region.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.