Editor of the popular Karelian weekly TVR-panorama brought an action againstthe Prosecutor's office arguing issued to the newspaper warning for publishing pieces of personal correspondence in which they discuss the events in the Crimea on the website of the newspaper.
The EU banned the author and the presenter of the program "Vesti Nedeli" Dmitry Kiselyov entry to the countries of the Union. Thus, he lost even a hypothetical chance to come to the annual conference organized by Barents Press International which will take place from 24 to 27 April in Kirkenes.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.