Nine Norwegian journalists crossed the boarder to learn about Russia. Russian society may be no less foggy for us now, but at least we understand the limits of our understanding.
Musical theatre of the Republic of Karelia (Petrozavodsk) and Barents Press International invite 15 journalists from the Barents region to participate in the program "School of theatre journalist" from 27 November to 1 December.
St. Petersburg human rights organization "Citizen Watch" and the Guild of court reporters announce first judicial School of journalism and invites journalists from North-West Russia.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.