Notes after the international film festival "The Northern Character"
The festival "The Northern Character" was held in Murmansk for the seventh time. This year there were announced more than hundred works of journalists and documentary filmmakers from Russia, Abkhazia, Norway, Sweden, France, Finland, Canada and Greece in seven categories, including "documentary", "essay", "TV show", "short fiction".
In February 2015 after two years, the Norwegian Kirkenes will again meet the grand festival Barents Spectacle. The Barents Secretariat invites a group of 10 Russian journalists to arrive in Kirkenes from 4 to 8 February 2015.
Journalism and human rights
Topics for discussion:
- Human rights in the international aspect. Press freedom, democratic institutions that stand to protect these values.
- Ethics in journalism.
- The rights of journalists.
- The right to education and work
- Investigative journalism.
- Censorship and self-censorship.
Organizers: the Norwegian Helsinki Committee, Barents Press International and Murmansk Humanities Institute.
More information and the application form are available in Russian.