Today the sad news came that Elena Larionova was taken away, the heart, the soul and the essence of Barents Press. Lena died in a clinic in St. Petersburg. Journalistic world of the Barents region is deserted.
How the seminar ran and what came of it – see the report of the eyewitness Irina Skalina.
14. september er det lokalvalg i Russland. Bli med på en ukes studietur til Murmansk og Moskva, og finn ut hva russerne selv tenker om demokrati, opposisjon, frihet og Putin!
Barents Reunion convention — press invitation
This year's theme for the Convention is Tourism Without Borders.
BARENTS ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR 2010
• € 5 000 award for successful entrepreneurship within tourism and creative business in the Barents Region
• Expanded Barents Reunion convention in June 2010
The Barents Reunion governing board invites all media and anybody who is interested in the Barents Region and Barents Reunion.
The participants are:
• Raimo Ronkanen mayor of Tornio
• Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda
• Christina Lugnet, Director of the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth
• Susanne Wallin, Ikea Haparanda/Tornio
Local media are invited to Sverigefinska folkhögskolan in Haparanda at 10.00 CET (11.00 Finnish time, 12.00 Moscow time).
Other media can follow the press conference online at Barents Reunion website.
Media not present at the press conference can ask questions either by mail or using this website.
The press conference will be held in Swedish and Finnish.
Questions can be asked and will be answered in Swedish, Finnish or Russian.
Telephone interviews directly after the press conference (est. 11.00 CET):
Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda: + 46 705 619 252 (Swedish)
Raimo Ronkanen, mayor of Tornio: +358 405 582 202 (Finnish)
Malcolm Dixelius, Barents Reunion board: +46 704 222 650 (Russian).