The Institute of regional press invites journalists of Murmansk region and Karelia to participate in the seminar in the framework of the international project "Journalism – investigation" (SCOOP - Russia).
Journalists from Murmansk and Archangelsk regions and Karelia will monitor the openness of the courts, the police and the investigative committee.
Barents Reunion convention — press invitation
This year's theme for the Convention is Tourism Without Borders.
BARENTS ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR 2010
• € 5 000 award for successful entrepreneurship within tourism and creative business in the Barents Region
• Expanded Barents Reunion convention in June 2010
The Barents Reunion governing board invites all media and anybody who is interested in the Barents Region and Barents Reunion.
The participants are:
• Raimo Ronkanen mayor of Tornio
• Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda
• Christina Lugnet, Director of the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth
• Susanne Wallin, Ikea Haparanda/Tornio
Local media are invited to Sverigefinska folkhögskolan in Haparanda at 10.00 CET (11.00 Finnish time, 12.00 Moscow time).
Other media can follow the press conference online at Barents Reunion website.
Media not present at the press conference can ask questions either by mail or using this website.
The press conference will be held in Swedish and Finnish.
Questions can be asked and will be answered in Swedish, Finnish or Russian.
Telephone interviews directly after the press conference (est. 11.00 CET):
Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda: + 46 705 619 252 (Swedish)
Raimo Ronkanen, mayor of Tornio: +358 405 582 202 (Finnish)
Malcolm Dixelius, Barents Reunion board: +46 704 222 650 (Russian).