Barents Press International Board had a meeting in Saariselkä, Finland on 7-8 November. The main issues to discuss were Barents Press Russia activity after the founder and many years leader Elena Larionova’ going away and the coming Annual Conference – 2015.
On November 27-29, 2014 in Murmansk will host the VII international festival The Northern Character. It is organized by TV company "TV-21"and Production Center "Northern Character" with the support of the Russian Ministry of culture, Government of Murmansk region, Norilsk Nickel company, the Administrative Board of Norrbotten (Sweden), the Barents Secretariat, the Center for journalism in the Nordic countries, Murmansk Union of journalists, Barents Press and others.
Press conference on the Internet!
- 5 000 award for successful entrepreneurship within tourism and creative business in the Barents Region
- Expanded Barents Reunion convention in June 2010
The Barents Reunion governing board invites all media in the Barents Region to take part in a press conference to be held on Friday, February 26.
The participants are:
- Raimo Ronkanen mayor of Tornio
- Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda
- Christina Lugnet, Director of the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth
- Susanne Wallin, Ikea Haparanda/Tornio
Local media are invited to Sverigefinska folkhőgskolan in Haparanda at 10.00 CET (11.00 Finnish time, 12.00 Moscow time).
Other media can follow the press conference online at Barents Reunion website.
Media not present at the press conference can ask questions either by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or using this link.
The press conference will be held in Swedish and Finnish.
Questions can be asked and will be answered in Swedish, Finnish or Russian.
Telephone interviews directly after the press conference (11.00 CET):
- Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda: + 46 705 619 252 (Swedish)
- Raimo Ronkanen, mayor of Tornio: +358 405 582 202 (Finnish)
- Malcolm Dixelius, Barents Reunion board: +46 704 222 650 (Russian).
c/o Merja Pikkuaho
953 85 Haparanda
+46 (0)922 150 00