The 26-th international film festival TIFF opened in Norway. The event is watched by dozens of journalists, including 7 Russian journalists from Barents Press. Thanks to the support of the Barents Secretariat Russian viewers and readers will learn the news first hand.
On 7-11 December Oslo hosted the seminar "Professional journalism and human rights". In addition to the Russian journalists it was attended by the activists of the LGBT community. What did Norwegian and Russian experts speak about? Learn it from the story by Alexander Borisov.
Do mass media and members of the government press-services Provide the constitutional right of citizens to have access to fair and diverse information? To answer this question there was organized a seminar "Cooperation of media and press services of state authorities". It was held in Petrozavodsk on November 26.
Press conference on the Internet!
- 5 000 award for successful entrepreneurship within tourism and creative business in the Barents Region
- Expanded Barents Reunion convention in June 2010
The Barents Reunion governing board invites all media in the Barents Region to take part in a press conference to be held on Friday, February 26.
The participants are:
- Raimo Ronkanen mayor of Tornio
- Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda
- Christina Lugnet, Director of the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth
- Susanne Wallin, Ikea Haparanda/Tornio
Local media are invited to Sverigefinska folkhőgskolan in Haparanda at 10.00 CET (11.00 Finnish time, 12.00 Moscow time).
Other media can follow the press conference online at Barents Reunion website.
Media not present at the press conference can ask questions either by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or using this link.
The press conference will be held in Swedish and Finnish.
Questions can be asked and will be answered in Swedish, Finnish or Russian.
Telephone interviews directly after the press conference (11.00 CET):
- Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda: + 46 705 619 252 (Swedish)
- Raimo Ronkanen, mayor of Tornio: +358 405 582 202 (Finnish)
- Malcolm Dixelius, Barents Reunion board: +46 704 222 650 (Russian).
c/o Merja Pikkuaho
953 85 Haparanda
+46 (0)922 150 00