3-4 June Kirkenes declaration- 2 is to be signed in Norway's Kirkenes. This document will determine the strategies for further development of cooperation in the Barents Region for the next few decades. Barents secretariat is planning to invite a group of journalists from Murmansk and Arkhangelsk regions and from Karelia to cover the event.
April 25-28 in the city of Apatity there was held the XVIII Conference of the international journalists network Barents Press International. More than a hundred participants from Norway, Finland, Sweden and Russia discussed the issues of journalism and the processes occurring in the Barents region.
In Petrozavodsk there took place a webinar where journalists discussed the topic "The authorities in the role of the media regulator: interaction with the media or the suppression of the media?" Participants in the webinar via the internet were also colleagues from Murmansk and Archangelsk regions.
Press conference on the Internet!
- 5 000 award for successful entrepreneurship within tourism and creative business in the Barents Region
- Expanded Barents Reunion convention in June 2010
The Barents Reunion governing board invites all media in the Barents Region to take part in a press conference to be held on Friday, February 26.
The participants are:
- Raimo Ronkanen mayor of Tornio
- Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda
- Christina Lugnet, Director of the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth
- Susanne Wallin, Ikea Haparanda/Tornio
Local media are invited to Sverigefinska folkhőgskolan in Haparanda at 10.00 CET (11.00 Finnish time, 12.00 Moscow time).
Other media can follow the press conference online at Barents Reunion website.
Media not present at the press conference can ask questions either by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or using this link.
The press conference will be held in Swedish and Finnish.
Questions can be asked and will be answered in Swedish, Finnish or Russian.
Telephone interviews directly after the press conference (11.00 CET):
- Sven-Erik Bucht, mayor of Haparanda: + 46 705 619 252 (Swedish)
- Raimo Ronkanen, mayor of Tornio: +358 405 582 202 (Finnish)
- Malcolm Dixelius, Barents Reunion board: +46 704 222 650 (Russian).
c/o Merja Pikkuaho
953 85 Haparanda
+46 (0)922 150 00